Saturday, 12 February 2011

Look What I Found!

 I now have enough pink and green fabric to make another patchwork window blind ...........



I loved making the "Jewel Squares" blind last year but want this one to be my own design now I know what to do.  I want to use log cabin patchwork again but two colours (pink and green).  The blue blind used 1.5", 3", 4.5", 6", 7.5", and 9" blocks but I want to simplify it a bit so it grows a bit quicker, a few less seams thus less fabric wastage too and I wondered about using 2", 4". 6" and 8" blocks.  After some googling I found a nifty little patchwork design tool, Quilt Assistant.  Something of a Eureka moment I've spent today playing around.  Much quicker than drawing it all out by hand and moving everything about ....................



It's a rough plan to see how the pink and green will work together and give some idea of the number and size of the blocks I need.  Am off to have another little play - a bit of shifting about to ensure that the blocks will stitch together in a sensible fashion!  Things are looking up (at least for the moment).
.

2 comments:

Chris Gray said...

..have fun Shelley! :-)

veryberryhandmade said...

That's a very cool thing! I like the combo of colours..