Monday, 16 August 2010

Shabby Chic

Well, the cushion front is done!  Not sure about the "experimental" centre panel - should have spent more time thinking about it - but it's done now and doesn't look too bad in reality.  I could add a central button but doubt it would stay there very long in this house!



Not quite the luxury of some faux chenille but not bad for an old sheet and might improve with age - there's not much that comes with a label "Must Tumble Dry"!



Another sample ..........


I have ideas for more faux chenille .......... a lap blanket would be nice for the winter evenings if the fabrics weren't too heavy ........... too many ideas too little time!

The shirt ............. I'm still looking to pluck up enough courage to cut out the real thing!  I already had the pattern (well 2 actually) but didn't have any intention of using them anytime soon when we saw this Italian shirting.  I am thinking grandad collar and suggested that it might go with the navy suit for a wedding we are attending shortly so need to get my skates on and fingers crossed!



I bought a metre of this lightweight cotton just because, like you do, and himself thought he'd like a shirt in this so I got some more ....................



I picked up some lovely quilting cotton - kitchen blind in mind but thinking it would make a lovely sleeveless summer dress for a toddler when himself said he would really love a shirt in this ................ now this is juxtaposition!!!


So we now have enough fabric for 3 shirts!  Toile also fits no 2 son who would like "loads" of shirts ............ plain, striped, check, not too heavy - just like the toile ........... well apart from the pattern!  Steady on eh ............. fabric don't come cheap and I'm only gonna live once!!
 

4 comments:

Rachel said...

The cushion is a great success, but I fear you are now going to spend weeks making shirts!

Jackie said...

The cushion is a great ambassador for re cycling. Its lovely.

Elmsley Rose said...

I like the cushion!

I made a shirt once - in black satin for my Gothic bf. And as I was cutting open a buttonhole (ie final step) the scissors slipped and ripped a vent in the front of the shirt.

He said he liked it anyway, even with the sewn up bit .......

Cotton and toile sound easier to work with! *grin*

Josh Healy said...

Hi, hope it's OK to contact you here. We would love to include your blog on our giveaway search engine: Giveaway Scout (http://www.giveawayscout.com). Have a look and if interested, use our online form to add your blog (http://www.giveawayscout.com/addblog/ ). thanks, Josh