Friday 8 July 2011

More from the Scrap Bag

 I did finish another wallet this week




Sometimes I'd prefer to be more focused but with no real direction there's no need to be so I'll just keep muddling along for a bit. There's lots I could do but what am I going to do with it?   I keep thinking about another design journal but who would want to look at that except me and I'd only have to find somewhere to keep it.  It's nearly four years since my first blog post and I'm no more focused now than I was then - I really should do something about that!

Today I scribbled down some ideas for baby bibs so I might get onto them.  I need a few more squares for the next I Spy quilt .........yellow, orange, red, pink and mauve novelty fabrics seem to be more elusive than black, blue, green etc. or at least they are for me.  A specific artwork piece for the wall has been at the back of my mind for a long time which will utilise some more scraps.


This week I also decided to start a facebook page for my textile stuff.  I like that I can add photographs and organise them into albums and it might help me to focus more in specific areas with sets/groupings of work.  I'll see how it goes.
.

3 comments:

Sandies' Patch said...

The I spy quilt, is it for children? (hope that's not a daft question?) and what size are the squares you need?

I like the purse you made, very Summery.

Sandie xx

Rachel said...

It's not necessarily a good idea to try to force your focus, so "muddling along" until something grabs your attention is probably a good plan!

cottonreel said...

Those purses are lovely ,although I quilt I have great regard for other peoples work