Tuesday 30 June 2009

More Texture

Continuing with my textural cushions theme, I've achieved the effecct I wanted but it's scruffy! After 3 or 4 stitches, the fabric starts to twist and fold haphazardly under the stitching and it's noticeable. Does it matter? Controlled scruffiness it ok but I don't think I can do scruffy! Perhaps a more loosely woven fabric would be better?


To get away from stressing over that, I decided to do something "quick & easy" from my scrapbag. I found the pattern for the pig here





It wasn't particulary easy - I had some trouble matching up the gusset to the body parts due to the darts at the tops of the legs - nor was it very quick but that was me! Personally, I would prefer a more elongated body for a pig and the ears could do with folding forwards a bit - they're a bit long aren't they? I widened the ears in the pattern to make turning easier and folded them in a bit when stitching to the body.


In answer to Chris's comment, I don't have a very large stash of fabrics but what I do have is mostly bright .........

4 comments:

Chris Gray said...

...pig's cute!.....


...and I love the bright fabric....

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

Hello,
Your pig looks quite complicated to me, love his tail!

MeganH said...

I don't think it looks scruffy - I think it looks 'modern' - and will fit in with your textural roses.

(Hi, I'm Megan, I'm a new reader to your blog :-)

Great pig. Loved the birds - sent link to a friend who'd sew if not for her arthritis and she totally fell in love with the birds.

Jackie said...

I think the pig is really cute. The ears are just right..real pigs ears cover their eyes almost.
I don't think the wrinkles on the fabric matter. Wait till its finished and 'block' it out if you don't like them.