Sunday 1 January 2012

Plans ..........

But first ............ from the Amazon wish list ............. "The Sewing Accessory Bible".  I love it!  Relatively inexpensive and quite a bit that's second nature but good for refreshing and deciding whether particular additional feet will be of use to me.  I'd never thought about using some of my automatic stitches for faux candlewicking either!


"The Artful Bird".  Many of the patterns need some enlargement on a photocopier so I haven't really had that good a look yet as it's a "want to dive straight in" kind of thing .........
 

Amy Butler's "Style Stitches".  Not that I actually need any bag books but my daughter should actually like some of them!!


I don't remember this being on the list but I had borrowed it from the library (yet to look) and I do really like "The Gentle Art of Domesticity" .............



Lastly, one I actually ordered myself  ............


The plan is to get the house in some sort of order (I've probably said that before!!) so the "Chelsea" blind is now in the bathroom ...........



I need to make a matching smaller one so a few hours today establishing the size and number of blocks needed via the "Quilt Assistant" design tool ............ it's much easier than drawing it out on paper when it comes to moving the blocks around to establish easy straight runs for stitching them together!


Three jobs imminent now then ................. draw out 109 log cabin squares, find the couple of squares that I know were left over from the last one and see which fabrics I can still match up from my stash!  I wrote that the other one took approximately 200 hours so this, in theory, should be about 80.

Wishing everybody a happy, healthy, peaceful and creative 2012
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spectacular and such lovely shades and tones of blue! Happy 2012

Annie and Lyn said...

The Chelsea blind is stunning. Bet it looks good in place!

btw, you're not the only one who thinks they've probably said about tidying the house up before......ah well, plenty of time for that...after a bit of sewing.

cottonreel said...

I did a blue quilt , similar pattern, my son snaffled it quick when I finished it

Connie said...

Your blue quilt is so pretty. Love all the tiny blocks. It makes me want to start one myself.